Friday, January 7, 2022

Christmas 2021 Dolls Part 4 of 5


Melissa Minikane by Paola Reina

I was enabled to ask for this doll for Christmas after receiving a link to the website that sold Melissa Minikane. The link was to another doll, Nora Minikane, with Melissa being a suggested purchase. I already have a different Nora than the one the website offered, but I had been wanting a redheaded Paola Reina doll and had seen this one, dressed differently, over a year ago on Amazon. I was hesitant to buy at that time. Later, when I reconsidered purchasing the Amazon Melissa, the doll was no longer available. As they say, "you snooze, you lose."

But after I was "enabled" by the other collector who was interested in Minikane Nora, I sent my husband Melissa's link and asked him to buy the doll for me for Christmas, and he did.

Melissa wears a pink orchid (mauve) double-gauze cotton dress, white panties, and white slip-on faux leather shoes. I wanted the doll dressed in this yellow dress, but that one was sold out.

Because the dress color is so drab, I looked for something else on hand for Melissa to wear, and I ordered a dress from Etsy on Christmas day. Melissa tried on the following knit fashion that was made to fit Tonner's Lizette. The knit fashion better complements her skin tone, auburn hair color, and gray stationary eyes.

Melissa looks adorable in this knit ensemble of a hat, faux-fur-trimmed top, and pencil skirt.

Melissa strikes a cute pose.

She has such an adorable face with features similar to Kaavia James Union Wade's (Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade's daughter).

Lizette's dress looks nice on Melissa, but I decided to enhance her original dress with buttons on the bodice and a pink ribbon waist sash. 

Three mauve buttons were sewn to the bodice of the dress as shown.

A pink ribbon waist sash and headband add more enhancements.

In the next photo, Melissa posed with another 13-1/2-inch all-vinyl Paola Reina doll, Maylin, a 2020 Christmas gift.

Maylin and Melissa Minikane

While this post was in draft mode, the dress I ordered from Etsy arrived. It was made for Minikane dolls and uses the same double-gauze cotton fabric. 

The light blue color looks better than the pink orchid on Melissa.

I enhanced the blue dress with blue buttons and a pale blue ribbon waist sash and matching headband. 

Melissa chose to wear this dress for now.

The last Christmas 2021 dolls or doll items will be featured in part 5.


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!