Tuesday, January 18, 2022

A Special Thank You

Little Miss by Madelyn McCraney of Kuumba Art Design Studio


To thank me for my love and support of her art, I received Little Miss (shown above) from doll artist, Madelyn McCraney. Madelyn's Kuumba Art Design Studio dolls were installed in my virtual black doll museum in October 2021 (see the link at the end of this post). 

Little Miss has waist-length black yarn hair.

Little Miss is an 11-inch handmade doll with a wooden head that is faceless. The black waist-length hair is made of yarn. The permanently attached clothing includes a dress made of black leaf-print fabric and an orange felt full-length coat. Little Miss also wears turquoise gloves and a matching turquoise turban accented with a turquoise gemstone over an orange felt circle. 

Included with a doll was a beautiful handwritten thank you card wherein Madelyn shared, "I originally created her to teach a group of after school girls. But they couldn't do it. So I make her as my gift of love from God!"

Little Miss has a curvaceous body.

The artist dated and signed the base of the doll.

Curvy Little Miss, the first doll to arrive in 2022 is a beautiful gesture of thanks and will be treasured always. 

Madelyn's card also included the following sentiment that really warmed my heart, "Thank you so much! Your love for Black dolls gives my work purpose."

See Madelyn’s virtual Black doll museum installations here.
Visit Kuumba Art Studio Design to see Madelyn's other dolls and art here.

Feeling blessed,

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!