Saturday, January 8, 2022

Christmas 2021 Dolls Part 5 of 5

The last three Christmas dolls and the last three Christmas cards I received at the time this post was written are shown above.


I received two five-piece, hand-painted, Russian nesting doll sets. These were gifts that I asked two people to buy when they asked me what I wanted. My doll friend, Debra R. buys me the Hallmark Keepsake Barbie ornament each year, which is included in this post.

These are two sets of five handpainted, handmade nesting dolls with Afrocentric painted-on clothing. 

The nesting dolls have painted faces and painted long wavy hair. They range in size from 1 inch to 5 inches. 

The First Set
This set was a gift from my daughter. Their painted-on headbands match their painted-on clothing.

This is the back of the first set of nesting dolls, also known as 
Matryoshka dolls. They have painted black wavy hair.

The Second Set
The second set of nesting dolls was a gift from my friend, Debra R. These dolls have painted-on headdresses that match their yellow Afrocentric clothing.

This set also has painted-on black hair.

2021 Hallmark Keepsake Barbie ornament 
7th in the Holiday Barbie Ornament Series, the 2021 Holiday Barbie ornament is 4.6 inches tall, made of plastic, and is a mini version of the 2021 Holiday Barbie. 

Dressed in a silver gown with a sculpted and painted bodice, fabric and tulle skirt, this Barbie ornament has black molded braids and painted baby hair. This is the first Holiday Barbie ornament with baby hair and sculpted braids.


This close-up illustrates the details of the hair and face.

I think the ornament looks better than the actual doll, but I usually have an issue with dolls with painted teeth that look like an overbite or that the teeth are resting on the lower lip.

This concludes the separate posts for the dolls I received for Christmas 2021. I had a very good dolly  Christmas.


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!