Saturday, October 2, 2010

Someone Thinks I'm Versatile, Who Knew?

Below is what Margaret, the kind person who presented me with The Versatile Blogger Award, wrote:


Debbie,
I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award for all of the great information that you provide to the doll community!
I appreciate the award and accept it with great honor.   I am doing what I love to do -- writing about the dolls that warm my heart.  I love sharing information about past and present black dolls.  With computer keyboard, a good word processing program, and the time to do it, I'll write about dolls until I'm old and gray.  At times I feel older than I desire, but dolls keep me young.  So I'll write about them ad infinitum!

Thanks, Margaret.  You're the best!

According to the rules of this award, I am supposed  to share 7 things about myself.

My 7 Things:

1.  I am the married mother of two adult children (I love all three of these people very much.)
2.  I am a loving granny to two beautiful boys whom I love with all my heart and soul.   
3. As indicated above in my award acceptance text, I am passionate about black dolls... enthused about; love, love, love them!
4. I love researching and writing (particularly about dolls).
5.  I have authored two black-doll reference books and own the copyright of a third, soon-to-be published book.
6. My past articles have appeared in Doll Castle News, UFDC's Doll News, Doll Collector (formerly Contemporary Doll Collector), and British Doll Showcase.  The articles are listed here.
7.   I have worked as an allied health professional for 30+ years.

I'd like to pay The Versatile Blogger Award forward to the following fellow bloggers:

1.  Hugs and Keepsakes
2.  A Philly Collector of Playscale and Action Figures
3.  Roxanne's Dolls
4.  I-Luv-Dolls
5.  Emily Rose at Home (Dress My Boll)
6.  Dolls of Color
7.  Collecting Fashion Dolls by Terri Gold
8.  About Dolls
9.  Hair Milk.com
10.  Van's Doll Treasures
11.  Black Girl with Long Hair
12.  Vine of Words
13.  Doll Links

(I will stop at 13 because that is my lucky number.)

Now for the rules for winning this award:

Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
Share 7 things about yourself.
Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fabulous.
Contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award.


dbg

Please do not copy images or text without my permission.

3 comments:

  1. Debbie you are a very deserving recipient of this award! I agree with Margaret's choice 100%. I was delighted and honored to see that you mentioned my blog! Thank you so much, and I appreciate you and all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Roxanne. You are a great blogger, Debbie. I love the variety of your post types AND the information included. Thanks, Debbie!

    Oh and thanks for mentioning my blog, too. I accept and will return the post per your instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating me! I accept too! I don't know when I will get to everything required because I am busy on midterm work and papers but I'll try! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!