Tuesday, August 28, 2018

1950-'60s High-Heel Fashion Doll, a Miss Revlon Type

19-inch high-heel fashion doll arrived nude with hair in need of styling.

I buy 1950s-1960s high-heel fashion dolls for a friend, a now inactive doll collector, who admitted that the only dolls she buys now are for me. Because I know she likes the 14R and Miss Revlon-type high-heel fashion dolls from the 1950s through 1970s, I continue purchasing these for her for special-occasion gifts. She received this one as a birthday gift.

As illustrated in the above and additional photos that follow, this 19-inch doll arrived nude and needed her hair washed and styled before dressing and sending to her new home.

Additional Before Photos
Her tangled hair and nudity were her only issues.  She has intact eyelashes, clear eyes, and a sleep-eye mechanism that works well.

A look at her hair from the back illustrates the condition it was in upon arrival.
After Hair Washing

I wet the hair, massaged conditioner throughout, rinsed, and easily combed out the tangles.  I did not use any shampoo.

Still wet in this photo, the hair was allowed to air dry.
All Dressed Up and Ready to Go


This dress, handsewn by an eBay seller, was made to fit 20-inch Miss Revlon dolls. It was offered along with another dress in the same auction.  The black vintage high-heel shoes were sold by a different eBay seller.  She cleans up well, right?
Because she needed undies, I made a pair, the details of which are outlined in a previous post which can be read here.


The extra dress and a pair of red shoes shown above were sent with the doll as well as a faux pearl necklace, earrings, and bracelet to wear with either dress.

_________

This doll is almost identical to another that I purchased for my friend that was featured here.  The other doll is marked V20; this one is marked on the neck with only the number 20.  Based on the thinner plastic used for their bodies, 19-inch dolls marked "V20" or "20" are probably from the 1960s.

dbg

Thank you for following, for reading, and for commenting.

Follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black
View the Doll Events page for updates. Check out my eBay listings here.

5 comments:

  1. She is ADORABLE in that dress! She cleaned up very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you RM1987. I was pleased with the way she turned out. My friend loved the 2nd dress and used it to redress a similar doll I gave her that had been dressed in a hand-crocheted dress.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. I have one very similar but she is marked P-8 on the back of her neck. I would love to find the manufacturer of these dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble with tracing these dolls to a doll company is that so many doll companies purchased doll molds and parts from the same manufacturer. I've seen dolls with the same head that was used on different type bodies. This is just many of the unsolved mysteries in the doll world.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!