Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Blue-Eyed Brown Doll Made in Italy


A 1950s brown doll with blue eyes made in Italy (the seller took such fabulous pictures that I took the liberty of snipping a few into the above collage).

I know at least two people who own a doll like the one shown here.  I had wanted to add one to my collection of 1950s hard plastic black dolls and had been searching the Internet off and on whenever the thought of the doll crossed my mind.  That happened recently.  I searched eBay for "1950s Black Doll Italy" where a very similar doll (shown above and below) was found that I think is just as lovely.


My doll is 17-inches tall with blue sleep eyes that are not flirty.  I believe the coveted doll is 18 inches and was offered with blue or brown flirty eyes, dressed in a multicolored striped two-piece fashion of top and skirt.



My lovely doll is dressed in tribal clothes of burnt orange V-shaped cloth bodice, raffia skirt, and red satin undies.  The gold and black threaded ribbons that crisscross her feet are attached to red felt on her soles to form sandals.


Some of the threads from the sandal straps are missing.  

She wears cloth flower earrings.  The same flowers accent her upswept hair.

Her tribal fashion and upswept hair (made from black mohair) are shown from the back.

Isn't she lovely?

My girl wears a gold elasticized necklace and has a working cryer.  The seller attributed the doll to Ratti Dolls of Italy.  Ratti did make similar dolls, but being unmarked, I am unable to confirm that Ratti made her.  I am thrilled the thoughts of the other doll crossed my mind at just the right time leading me to her.


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

1 comment:

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!