Friday, October 18, 2019

Heidi Ott Miniature Dolls x2


This miniature doll by Heidi Ott arrived in a cotton-lined gift box.

After Heidi Ott left the full-scale doll world several years ago, she began making miniature dolls and accessories (dollhouse scale).  For years, I had wanted to add at least one Heidi Ott miniature doll to my collection.  Within the past month, I have acquired two.

Kia Arrived First

Kia by Heidi Ott

Representing a teen, Kia is a 4-inch resin doll with a cloth body.  She wears a green dress that has a multicolored (green/orange/yellow) crisscross fabric overlay.  A matching bead-accented headwrap covers her black yarn hair.  She wears a beaded necklace.

The headwrap has gold-tone hoops attached.  Kia has brown painted eyes.    


A beaded bracelet adorns her left wrist.
The bead-embellished straps of her sandals are made of the same fabric that was used for the dress. 
 
A doll stand was included.
Miniature Crawling Baby

Crawling miniature baby by Heidi Ott is made of resin with a stuffed knit body.

The 2-1/2-inch crawling baby arrived nude as shown above.  The baby has painted brown hair and eyes.  On the same day of purchase, a pink crocheted outfit made for Heidi Ott miniature dolls was found.  The baby is shown in the final two photos wearing her crocheted clothes.



The outfit includes a bonnet, dress, and booties.  I need to shorten the ribbon ends of her bonnet, but I am glad the seller left the ribbons long enough to be tied in a bow.  The patience required to crochet something to fit a doll so small amazes me.  I am even more amazed by Heidi Ott's ability to sculpt these dolls with such detailed precision.


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I love how perfect every detail is. Those dolls are truly works or art. Congratulation on acquiring them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arlette. My photos really do not do the doll's justice. They are perfect! Eventually, I'd like to add the mother and father and teen brother, if there is one.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!