Friday, October 25, 2019

New Playscale Dolls, Cheap Thrills


W Superstars Naomi
I am not into wrestling, but I am into playscale dolls.  When  I saw W Superstars Naomi on Amazon for $9.99, I ordered.  The doll had been $19.99.


The 12-inch multi-articulated doll represents professional wrestler and dancer, Trinity LaShawn Fatu, who is signed to World Wrestling Entertrainment, Inc. and performs under the name, Naomi.

The doll has black rooted hair with green hair layered underneath.  Her brown eyes are painted.  She has a smiling mouth with the appearance of teeth.


Naomi comes dressed in a multicolored jumpsuit that replicates one worn by the professional wrestler.  She wears black boots.


There is an additional outfit consisting of a light blue sleeveless dress that has a full skirt and a pair of tan high-heel ankle boots.   

Naomi's extra pair of tan boots are shown above.
The graphics on the back of the box show Naomi wearing both fashions.  In this image, the doll looks more like Jennifer Hudson, especially the smile.
******
These are Barbie clones found on Aliexpress and Amazon; the one on the far right is not the doll I ordered*.

Even cheaper playscale thrills were achieved with these three dolls.  Two were found on Aliexpress and the other was found on Amazon.

The Amazon seller sent the incorrect doll (the doll on the far right).  This doll has the same face as one of the Aliexpress dolls (the doll in the middle).  Their complexions differ slightly and their hairstyles are completely different.   The middle doll is not articulated underneath the breasts.  The dolls on the far left and far right are articulated under the breast area.  All have the usual five points of articulation.  Additional articulation is at the elbows, wrists, and knees.  The ankles are not articulated.  The dolls were all under $6 including shipping.

The downside to these dolls is that the sellers are in China.  They use small packets (thin-plastic envelope) shipping without bubble wrap.  The chances of getting a damaged doll are high.  If the doll isn't broken, there may be scratches on the vinyl.   I don't recommend ordering from Aliexpress or from any seller who ships dolls that are not protected from potential damage, but if you just need a cheap doll thrill and cannot find a doll in the states, it's worth the risk.

As can be seen in the photo of the three dolls above and in the next photo, the middle doll's complexion is not as tan as the doll's on the right.  The doll with the deepest complexion appears to be a My Scene Jai clone.

Dressed and posed

I have redressed the Jai clone and dressed the other two.  The middle doll and the doll on the far right are dressed in Sparkle Girlz fashions.  The Jai clone wears a dress made for Barbie/Integrity Toys fashion dolls.  The shoes from left-to-right are by Mattel, an unknown China maker, and Mattel.

They pose individually in the next three photos.

The dressed Jai clone

Dressed Barbie clone with lighter-than-expected complexion

Not the doll I ordered, this curly redhead has the same head sculpt as the doll above and the doll seen here.
*A doll with this head sculpt with auburn hair and this complexion is what I was supposed to receive from the Amazon seller, who sent the tan-skinned curly redhead instead.  While writing this post, I checked Aliexpress (just to find a picture of the above doll).  This is the picture I found and the doll I ordered after finding the picture. (I had no plans to order, but I successfully enabled myself).  Here's hoping that the seller sends the correct doll and that it is not damaged upon its small packets arrival, which can take up to a month to arrive from China.


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Great that you got her! I got her too locally for the same price! In my post on her, I too thought she looks more like Jennifer. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Leo! Naomi really does look like Jennifer Hudson. I read your review and noticed you think she looks like J. Hudson, too. My doll is still in the box, so I appreciated seeing yours out of the box and undressed, which confirmed that her feet are not flat. I was wondering about that.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I never ordered from Ali express but good to know about the shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It helps to know how they ship items.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!