Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Am a Paper Doll -- You Can Be, Too!

During the end of December or beginning of January, I received a flyer in the mail from paper doll artist, Diana E. Vining, announcing her portrait paper dolls of children.  Using a suitable photograph of your child, grandchild, or other young girl, Diana fashions a portrait paper doll which includes the original artwork, the paper doll, a colored sheet of fashions, and two extra fashion sheets to be colored by the child.  There are three age groups from which to choose: 2-3, 4-7, and 8-12.

Using a photograph of me at age 10 (I might have been 11), Diana fashioned my portrait paper doll.    Of course I am not a child, but I do collect paper dolls and thought it would be neat to have yet another portrait paper doll of myself as a child (my husband and son made my first two sets). 

The photo used and actual paper doll created by Diana are shown below (click to enlarge).

You too (or a real child) can be a paper doll. Visit Diana's website for details.

dbg

8 comments:

  1. What a great concept. She did a great job recreating you in paper form. Now I want to know, when are you going to be a Star?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vanessa. Diana is a talented artist.

    LOL... funny you should ask! Stay tuned.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, very nice Debbie! She did a great job and your picture is adorable....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you with your cute self! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Margaret! M. would probably love a set.

    dbh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Roxanne. The magnetic version is nice, too. (See blog post dated 3/6/12).

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!